If you love camping, try looking for ways to make your trips more enjoyable. Adding a portable dryer to your gear helps you do that. Here are a few reasons why adding this convenient device to your camping gear is a good idea.
What are Portable Dryers, and What Do They Do?
Portable dryers are electric appliances that dry clothes, towels, and other items. By using less energy than traditional dryers, they are an option for people who want to save money on their energy bills. They come in various styles and prices, so you should find one that fits your needs.
How to choose the right one for your needs?
Many types of mobile dryers exist in the market, so how do you know which one is right for your needs? Consider the factors below:
- Size: How large load do you need to dry at once? Dryers come in various sizes. The base is small enough to fit a standard cupholder.
- Features: What features are you looking for in a mobile dryer? Some models come with several drying settings, timers, and other features.
- Price: Mobile dryers can vary, so set a budget before you start shopping. Once you know how much you’re willing to spend, you can narrow your options and find your perfect dryer.
Benefits of Using a Portable Dryer While Camping
If you enjoy camping, there are many benefits to using an easy-to-use, portable dryer. Here are some of the top benefits of using one while camping:
- Convenience – A mobile dryer is more convenient than hanging your wet clothes up to dry. You can pop your wet clothes in and let it do its job.
- Compact – Mobile dryers are very compact, making them easy to pack on your camping trip.
- Lightweight – Most are very lightweight, making them easy to carry.
- Easy to Use – They are very easy to use, so you’ll dry your clothes in no time.
- Affordable – These dryers are affordable, so you won’t have to spend much money to get one.
Read More: moosegazete
Five Reasons Why a Portable Dryer Is a Must-Have for Any Camper
- A must-have for any camper. It allows you to dry your clothes for between 15 to 45 minutes, depending on the level of wetness.
- This dryer is great for saving space while camping because the base is small enough to fit in most cupholders.
- You can explore anywhere while camping because some have a 12v power outlet to allow drying.
- No matter how wet the adventure is, you can have peace of mind while having fun. Your gear will dry, so you’ll be back to your adventures in no time.
Read More: 6streams
Tips for Drying Clothes in a Short Time While Camping
While camping, you may not have access to a traditional clothes dryer. You can use some methods to dry your clothes faster while camping. Here are some tips:
- Use a mobile dryer: A small, portable dryer circulates the hot air around your wet clothes.
- Hang your clothes in direct sunlight: The sun’s rays will help to evaporate the moisture and fasten your drying process.
- Use a portable clothesline: Buy a portable clothesline at most camping stores. These lines are easy to set up and take down and provide a place to hang your wet clothes.
- Turn your clothes inside out: This can help the wet material to dry faster.
- Remove wet shoes and socks: Wet shoes and socks can take a long time to dry, so dry them separately. You can also remove insoles for an even faster drying time.
Are Portable Dryers Safe?
Portable dryers won’t produce toxic fumes as long as you use them in a well-ventilated area. Also, avoid using toxic products in your dryer.
Most of the dryers use a 30-amp breaker for the power outlet. Some of the mobile dryers have a plug that fits into any standard three-prong outlet. The plug reduces the likelihood of electric shock from current leakage.
Most movable dryers have a hose that releases the moisture with a connection to a dryer vent. The hose is flexible and long enough to allow a person to move the dryer to another location.
To prevent fires, set the dryer to the correct settings based on the material you are drying. The lint trap should also be clean because it can present a fire hazard. When you use mobile dryers, direct the exhaust hose away from anything that could catch on fire.
Drying Clothes is a Breeze When Camping
Have you added one to your camping gear yet? If not, now is the time! When you add a quality portable dryer to your collection of camping gear, you can enjoy all your camping adventures while keeping your clothes fresh.